Constantine Jefferson: Oh, you quit feelin' sorry for yourself. Now, that's ugly. Ugly is somethin' that grows up inside you. It's mean and hurtin', like them boys. Now, you're not one of them, is you?
In my profession, I am given the opportunity to shape little people's minds. I spend a lot of time thinking about what I want them to know, how I want them to learn about things, how I want them to feel about themselves, and how I want them to treat others. I wish that someone would have taught me that "ugly" is only a word that describes something that grows up inside you. An ugly person is someone who is mean and hurts others. I think life would have been a lot more beautiful if someone would have explained it to me like this.
Mae Mobley: You is kind. You is smart. You is important.
Every child deserves to be reminded of these things on a daily basis. That's my job. Adults need to be reminded of these things too. That's my hobby. Take the time to make someone else feel important or loved whenever you have the chance. Everyone is fighting a battle and needs compassion - tall or small.
No comments:
Post a Comment