My students were so cute today. We had furlough days this past Friday and Monday, so we had a 4-day weekend. Their homework over the weekend was to write me a letter. I got some really cute letters today. 1. A boy waiting for his older brother to come home late Friday and Saturday night. 2. A girl that wants me to save my money, so that I can go to Guatemala with her over the summer. She told me to only buy things that I need - not things that I want. (That one is going on the regfrigerator ASAP.) 3. A boy that listed ever single movie and tv show he watched and every video game he played. 4. A boy that had his parents write his letter for him - "Dear Miss Carlson, I read 2343545 books with my parents. They helped me practice + and -. etc. etc. etc." 5. A boy that had his house broken into. The Hispanic community doesn't typically believe in banks so all his family's money was stored in their house. This is a very traumatic experience for them. 6. A girl that is in LOVE with her Chihuahua, named Pinto. She tells me very detail about this cute little dog. They are best friends. 7. A boy that has a dad that owns a tattoo parlor and a mom that owns a hair salon. He goes back and forth between each place. The other workers at each place help him with his homework. He's the coolest and sweetest kid around. 8. A boy that asked for more pencils in table 3's pencil caddy. He informed me that they never have enough. If they had enough, he wouldn't have to borrow from table 1 and disrupt the day. This kid will change the world someday. They are SO cute. |
I've always wanted to start a blog, but never felt like I have anything worth writing about. Maybe blogging will encourage more adventures?
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
letters to jail
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment